Thursday, April 1, 2010

Surprise Fuji


On the way to Nikko National Park- but not Nikko itself. It was a fantastic clear day, the first one since I returned from Nagoya and Beppu. I wish I had had time to go up the Government Towers to the viewing platform, but that view was not to be this trip to Japan. I did however get to add this surprise view. Surprising because this must be the furtherest away I have seen Fuji and although it was one of the "suggested views" I didn't think I would have a chance to go to Nikko. It's barely a white outline in this last image. The weather had been so bad in my last weeks I was giving up hope of seeing Fuji one last time.

I knew to watch out for Fuji on this train line, as Sarah had mentioned seeing it from the train on the way to Nikko.

No comments:

Post a Comment